Your plan can be managed in different ways.
Self-management: The NDIA provides you with funding so you can buy supports that will best help you meet your
plan goals. Your support provider may or may not be registered with the NDIS. You can negotiate the price you pay
for a support, provided the cost can be met within your plan funding for the duration of your plan. You do not need a
service booking for your self-managed supports as you pay your providers directly. For more information about self managing: click here
Plan-management: the NDIA pays your plan manager (Support Coordinator), who will pay your providers for you. Your plan manager
must be registered with the NDIS. A registered provider meets the NDIS quality and safety standards. If you
decide to use a provider that is not registered, ensure they have the correct qualifcations, training and safety
checks. Your other support providers may or may not be registered with NDIS. Your plan manager cannot pay
more than the NDIA set price limit for specifc supports.
NDIA-managed funding: the NDIA pays your providers on your behalf. The NDIA can only pay providers that are
registered with the NDIS and cannot pay more than the NDIA set price limits.
You will be asked how you would like to manage your NDIS funding during your planning meeting. Talk to your
Local Area Coordinator (LAC) or the NDIA beforehand to understand your options. It is also worth connecting with
self-management peer support groups. There are lots of very supportive people who can provide advice about
how they self-manage.
Talk to your Local Area Coordinator what is best for you during your planning meeting or plan review.
Access2Choice provides a platform for participants, their family or guardian to directly engage services of their own support workers as required to meet specific needs, without the burden of direct legal and administrative duties.
We encourage participants, their family or guardian to work with their support workers and identify the training and scheduling required to meet their specific needs.
On behalf of the participant, their family or guardian, Access2Choice Tasmania assumes the legal responsibility of support worker employment. Our responsibilities include payment of wages, taxation liabilities, superannuation guarantee contribution, worker’s compensation and insurances.
We work with participants, monitor funding arrangements and work with the funding provider to ensure the correct services are allocated to meet the needs of the participant.
We can connect you with the right case managers or facilitators for your requirements.
We give you peace of mind by verifying and meeting the legal requirements of employing a support worker.
If you require support, have a specific support worker you wish to use and have a funding source for that care, Access2Choice Tasmania can help you.
Call: 0406 257 025 or 0400 976 594
Anglicare’s strong track record and extensive community networks in Tasmania mean we can work with you to get the most out of your NDIS plan. Our professional and experienced staff will work with you to get the best possible NDIS plan for you. Our staff can assist you to choose the providers that will best meet your needs. We can support you by:
- Providing information, advice and support to assist you to get the best of your NDIS plan
- Assisting you to choose and organise the supports you need, and are the best for you in your local area
- Supporting you to build confidence in talking to service providers
- Checking in with you to make sure the services supporting you are right for you
- Assisting you to build skills to manage your NDIS plan yourself
More information: click here
In2Change is registered through the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to provide Coordination of Support – Assistance to strengthen participant’s abilities to coordinate and implement supports and participate more fully in the community. They will:
- Meet with you to identify your goals relevant to your coordination of supports and NDIS Plan and build a service agreement
- Assist you to understand your current NDIA plan and other relevant stakeholders and service providers
- Identify the services that could meet your individual needs
- Obtain quotes for services
- Coordinate service providers and support as required
- Organise the manner and timing of supports, including service agreements
- Link you into a range of support options including but not limited to; community leisure, recreational, activities or training, work, accommodation or respite options
- Monitor your NDIS plan or re-develop your goals prior to a plan
- Liaise with government agencies
- Coordinate health and specialists’ services as required
- Support you in times of a crisis if you need it
- Check in with you on a regular basis to make sure your plan is working for you
- Provide written reports and assist you when reviewing your NDIS plan
For more information click here or call 0499 915 424
Possability can assist in the coordination of supports by working with clients and families to coordinate the many aspects of the Participant Plan. Possability has the networks and expertise to help get support that is the right fit for you or your family member. They work at your direction so you continue to drive the plan
Contact the office in Hobart for more information: 1300 067 842
The Parkside Foundation
The Parkside Foundation will work in partnership with you so you can control your NDIS plan and can make choices about the things that are important to you.
Our team can help you to:
Connect with the supports to implement your NDIS plan by getting to know you and the things that matter most
Connect to your community through informal, mainstream and specialised supports.
Enhance your ability to overcome complex support issues or points of crisis
Build your strengths and abilities to develop your skills and confidence.
More information: click here or call 6243 6044
Jackson Leonard is a registered Support Coordinator. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0437 096 285
Madeleine Maloney is a registered Coordinator of Support. You can contact her by calling 0455 498 963 or send an email to email@example.com
CARER SOLUTIONS AUSTRALIA
An innovative way for individuals with
disability and their families to employ
CARER SOLUTIONS AUSTRALIA
offers a unique approach empowering
you, the individual, to find and employ
the support worker/s YOU want
CARER SOLUTIONS AUSTRALIA
is a flexible alternative, talk to us today
about your individual circumstances
Ph. 1300 729 839