Speak Out’s annual conference is an event worthwhile attending. There’s a great line-up of sessions for self advocates, families and support workers that includes:
- David Corner from Empower Us in New Zealand,
- Libbi Cunningham from 1800RESPECT,
- WWDA sharing the Australian Committee report and feedback from the UN on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women that was presented at the UN recently,
- Personal stories from self advocates
- Paul Cain, Inclusion Australia
- Our Australian Empower Us leaders – Judy Huett and Heather Forsythe about the World Congress in Birmingham
- Quality and Safeguards
- NDIS self management
- Aardvark Adventures, drumming, sports cars, silent disco and more!!
On Friday evening we’ve partnered with the National Disability Coordination Officer Program (NDCO) for a screening of Defiant Lives that includes a Q&A with the Director.
It would be great to see some young people from the Huon and Kingborough area attend – we could help sponsor some HDN members and/or family members if there is interest. Email Jenny Dixon, manager Speak Out and committee member of the Huon Disability Network for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
or register your interest by filling in the registration form.